cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikOcx: Macro parse failed. Problem with .SingleObjectActiveIndex property

I have an application where a user is reporting the following error:

QlikOcx: Macro parse failed. Functionality was lost

Object doesn't support this property or method:  'objProp.SingleObjectActiveIndex'

Using QV 10SP2, running from server, using IE plug-in (works fine with AJAX).

This is not something I've been able to reproduce.  When I run via the client, or via IE plug-in on the server or from workstaitons here, the application works fine.

The macro code that spawns the error essentially moves to a particular sheet, then moves to a particular container object.  Note that in production, this is in a Sub() where I pass the sheet name, container object ID, and index.

ActiveDocument.ActivateSheet "SheetName"

Set objCont = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CT16")
Set objProp = objCont.GetProperties       

ActiveDocument.GetApplication.WaitForIdle

objProp.SingleObjectActiveIndex = 1  ' error here

objCont.SetProperties objProp

On this user's workstation (running same version of plug-in as my machines), the .SingleObjectActiveIndex reference throws the error.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi DHutchins,

some of my users had the same error. We finally figured out that they were using an older version of the IE-Plugin - the Plugin also needs to be updated when you're updating QlikView.

This is especially important for the Container-Object-Index-Variable, since that is unknown in versions < 10 SR 2.

Hope that works for you, too,

Lenka

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi DHutchins,

some of my users had the same error. We finally figured out that they were using an older version of the IE-Plugin - the Plugin also needs to be updated when you're updating QlikView.

This is especially important for the Container-Object-Index-Variable, since that is unknown in versions < 10 SR 2.

Hope that works for you, too,

Lenka

Not applicable
Author

Thanks so much, Lenka.

Yes, indeed that was the culprit here, too.  While our server is on version 10SR2, this user has 10SR1 plug-in, and it resulted in this error.

Not applicable
Author

Hi lenka Kruse,

QlikOcx

macro parsed failed Functionality was lost

Export_To_Microsoft_word                   ' macro name

Error " the file could not be found

("C:\....\standard template.docx")  ' I am using this standard template for inserting the data.

Thanks in Advance

Not applicable
Author

sherbahadur... It appears this is a different issue, and quite possibly you've posted the resolution in your question (file could not be found, etc.).

Do you mind posting more of the routine that is generating this error?  Is it just that the code is looking for the standard template.docx file and unable to find?