cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QlikView Access

Hi at all,

i have a local license qlik view and i created an application that i would like to share with a customer that has Qlik view server. How can i set the application in order to hide objects properties?

Andrea

7 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

May be here?

Go to your sheet properties Ctrl+Alt+S. Uncheck Access Sheet Object Properties and Check Apply to All Sheets.

Capture.PNG

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Add section access with yourself as ADMIN and everyone else as USER. Or your customer can simply enable sheet object properties again.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

‌i tried to do it but when i send application he tried to upload it on their server and the uploading is failed....he start to say that it is due to the access in script that i have done....is it possibile? Other friend suggest to me to use ntn access instead the other one .... is it a possible solution?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

What uploading? Placing the file on the server has nothing to do with what's inside your Section Access tables.

Do you mean "opening the document in the access point"?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

‌they tried to put the application that i sent on their server but they failed and they said that the problem is the user password i created with access section....for me it is a bit strange so i would like to ask if it is already happened to you...

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

As I already stated, placing the document on the server cannot fail because of section access content. QVWs are simple Windows files, and putting them in a specific directory on a server only requires proper Windows privileges and folder access rights.

The things that can go wrong next are:

• the server cannot reload the document (but I'm not sure you want them to do that), or
  • nobody can access this document because no thumbnail is shown in the Access Point, or
  • the document is shown in the Access Point but when a user clicks the thumbnail, an "Access Denied"-error is shown, or
  • the document is shown in the Access Point, and when a user clicks the thumbnail a login prompt is shown. The user fails to login...

You see, it would be very helpful if you could provide actual details about what exactly is going wrong.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much i will try to solve this problem next week. Have a good weekend