Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Client Functionality

Hello all,

I have few questions about QV Client functionality.

Can you as a user opening QVW app in browser change data source for this app? Can you actually do a data mashup?

In introduction video I saw that you can open QVW app which looked like a template Dashboard and then from repository window were Draged and Droped analytical objects into it. How can this be achieved ?

Can you also Drag and Drop data sources in Client enviroment? I am asking because at product page:

Social Business Discovery - Collaborative Business Intelligence | QlikView

is mentioned "Remix and Reassemble" .

Thanks for answers,

A.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

That is correct for 'most' users.  If you have user who need to add more data then they can use QlikView Desktop and use the main data model as their primary data source plus add any data to it that they wish.

For example, the main developer could create a sales data model and visualization then the sales forecasting analyst could add additional data (maybe a custom product classification) using QlikView Desktop.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi Alex,

From the online client a user can 'remix and reassemble' the data but cannot add new data.  So the user can create new objects, visualizations etc.  If the user needs to add more data then they would need to do this from the desktop client.

Note that since a QlikView app is created on the detailed level data and aggregations occur on the fly.  Typically the data in an app will contain all the information for an area of the business.  Therefore, the need to add more data occurs less often in QlikView compared to query based BI tools.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for reply Josh,

so from what I understand it is up to authors of the QVW app to create sufficiently comprehensive data model for the expected analytical needs of its users. End users then can reassemble objects i.e. UI elements, which all happens still in designed boundaries.

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

That is correct for 'most' users.  If you have user who need to add more data then they can use QlikView Desktop and use the main data model as their primary data source plus add any data to it that they wish.

For example, the main developer could create a sales data model and visualization then the sales forecasting analyst could add additional data (maybe a custom product classification) using QlikView Desktop.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for response, perfectly clear now.