Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Extranet Server Authentication and Authorisation Method

Hi there,

I am new to QlikView Extranet Server.  I am trying to get more information on the authentication and authorisation method of Extranet Server.  I know that Extranet Server is the QlikView Server to serve external clients and QlikView Enterprise and SBE editions are for internal users.  Can anyone point me to right direction on how the external clients authenticate and authorise to the Extranet Server?  Are they using ticketing like the DMS authorization in Enterprise edition (bearing in mind, the client may not be using Microsoft Platform)?  Does the Extranet Server keep the membership information about the external clients i.e. change password?  It seems not much information I can found in the Community to cover these question.  Can anyone can help me please?

Many thanks in advance,

Eric.

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi! Does anyone have a best practice on this. I have a case now where section access is implemented using a Excel sheet for username and password.

But it is a lot of amount of administration if a user has lost username or password as the support personal must log on to a specific server to get access to the Excel file and retrieve username or password.

The Qlik documentation does not mention anything about Extranet Server authentication https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Server/Content/QlikView-Server/QVSRM_Su...

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Why not put Section Access information in an RDBMS, so that you can retrieve/manage the current set of credentials with another QV document or a simple SQL query (or even a web interface to your DB of choice)?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi! I was thinking the same thing. I saw there were some .net examples on a sample application that could do just that.

Create an ASP.NET Core app with user data protected by authorization | Microsoft Docs

So I believe that might be the best option in this case. Will discuss with some colleagues too to hear their opinion.