Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QlikView Hanging / R Integration / DynamicUpdateCommand

Hi

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue. Unfortunately, I don't know why I am having the problem, as I was not having it before. I can however describe it in some detail that may assist to troubleshoot.

I have a model that integrates with R, where I get R to do some statistical analysis. I return results to QlikView, and use the DynamicUpdateCommand to update some values in my data. It always used to work ok, but is now giving me problems (starting about 2 months ago). I have been running the latest version of QlikView for some time i.e. QV11 SR2.

In some cases it still works ok (seems to be related to the amount of updating being done), and in other cases it fails and QV hangs. I have put msgboxes in my macro code to see how far it gets, and it appears to be able to execute a couple of UPDATE commands, but eventually fails (after about 2, whereas in the other updates I do to different data, it executes 10 updates without a problem).

Is this related to the system needing time between updates? I've seen the other thread that talks about sleeping between inserts, but my model is quite small and the number of updates fairly limited.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok, i've managed to resolve the issue which was related to synthetic keys.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok, i've managed to resolve the issue which was related to synthetic keys.