Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

QlikView Publisher: The task "Reload of ShopDashboard.qvw" failed

Hi All,

This morning a reload job failed.

It is running for a few weeks now and this morning I got this message..

7/10/2015 8:36:19 Error The sourcedocument failed to save.. Exception=System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Qlikview\Bruno\04_Documents\ShopDashboard-Xxx.qvw' because it is being used by another process. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost) at QVBWrapper.Document.ReplaceSourceFile(ILogBucket logBucket, String replaceFromFileName, String replaceToFilename) at QVBWrapper.Document.Save(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, String i_SaveAsFileName)

7/10/2015 8:36:35 Error The task "Reload of ShopDashboard-Xxx.qvw" failed. Exception: QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.ReloadFailedException: Reload failed ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException: The sourcedocument failed to save.. Exception=System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Qlikview\Xxx\04_Documents\ShopDashboard-Xxx.qvw' because it is being used by another process. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost) at QVBWrapper.Document.ReplaceSourceFile(ILogBucket logBucket, String replaceFromFileName, String replaceToFilename) at QVBWrapper.Document.Save(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, String i_SaveAsFileName) at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage) at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult) at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

The file is on the Qlikview-server.

I can rename the file so I don't think it's locked.

Who can help me?

Regards,

Kris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
avinashelite

it happen some time, no need to worry . If you have got the answer, please mark the correct answer and helpful answer so that it will helpful for others.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
avinashelite

I think the file is open in any other machine. Because this the Qlikview server cannot reload or open the file .

If the developers are working on the file please ask them to copy the file to local and work on the same.

You should never open or work  on the  file directly from server.

avinashelite

c.png

kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Avinash,

I'm the only developper and I wasn't working on the machine.I was developping on my own laptop.

Regards,

Kris

avinashelite

If any other task created for the same qvw? or due to some problem in the server the file might have not close . Check with your Qlikview ADMIN's once and if possible restart the server ..

avinashelite

c.png

kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Maybe the user was connected via the access-point the the dashboard. But normally that can't be a problem.

It is the only task to reload the dashboard.

The file is 0,97 Gb.but I think that can't be the problem.

I've now restarted de qlikview-services and I'm reloading the dashboard.

Regards,

Kris

avinashelite

user connecting from the access point doesn't have any impact on the reload task. From access point you can access the dashboard any time . After the server restart the reload should work fine, if it still posses any issues please share the log file will have check

avinashelite

Hi Kris,

Did the reload work fine?

kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Avinash,

Now the reload worked fine.

It's strange that I got the error this morning.

Is there something I can check when I get the error again?

Regards,

Kris