Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView reading Excel file in SharePoint

I have a QlikView doc that creates QVD files (using v. 11).  I want to be able to read in Excel files that will be stored on our company's SharePoint server.  On my QlikView server I have mapped to the location on the SharePoint server where these files are.  When I am logged into the server and have QlikView open I can manually execute the script and the QVD is produced.  However when I try to reload the file in Management Console I get an error saying that access to the file is denied.  Is this because the Management Console runs under a different user?  Ultimately, is it possible to have the Management Console execute this procedure as I have set it up, on a scheduled basis without me having to be logged in?  If not, is there a better way?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I was having this issue but I've found the solution!!

You need to make sure that you have the WebClient service installed and running on the server and the user has access to the sharepoint library.

To install the service on the server follow these steps:

1. Start the Windows Server Manager.
  2. In the tree view, highlight the Features node.
  3. In the details pane, click Add Features.
  4. In the Add Features Wizard, check the Desktop Experience box, and then click Next.
  5. Click Install.
  6. When the Add Features Wizard has finished, click Close.
  7. Click Yes when promoted to restart the computer.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Here is the problem. A service does not understand a mapped drive. So, you are required to use the UNC to the share.

\\servername\sharename

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

This is the connection string I am using within the script:

[\\intranet.mfri.com\DavWWWRoot\Companies\MidwescoFilter\Metrics\Filter Metric Documents\ExchangeRates.xlsx]

As I mentioned, when I have the doc open in QlikView and I run the script it runs just fine.  When I run the same script through the Management Console, I get the access denied error.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

It has to be a rights issue. Try logging in as the account that is running publisher and see what happens.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

I had a similar issue with sharepoint in Qlikview before. Try adding the Sharepoint site to local intranet sites in the security tab in internet explorer on the machine that Qlikview Server runs on. This worked in  my case.

Kind Regards,

Footsie

Not applicable
Author

I was having this issue but I've found the solution!!

You need to make sure that you have the WebClient service installed and running on the server and the user has access to the sharepoint library.

To install the service on the server follow these steps:

1. Start the Windows Server Manager.
  2. In the tree view, highlight the Features node.
  3. In the details pane, click Add Features.
  4. In the Add Features Wizard, check the Desktop Experience box, and then click Next.
  5. Click Install.
  6. When the Add Features Wizard has finished, click Close.
  7. Click Yes when promoted to restart the computer.