cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chriswain2
Creator
Creator

QlikView sql load converting text to hex

I had a load script working fine before a migration from 11.2 sr 2 to sr 13.

Now, just on one load script from a particular database the initial SQL is converting some but not all of the fields from text into hexadecimal. The SQL is just select * and in the load script I have tried set Verbatim = 1, putting text() around the field etc, but it seems it has already changed it in the SQL load.

I can run the same query, select *, in excel and it brings it back in normal text format.

Is it a bug in 11.2 sr 13?

I can get round it by breaking up the hex field and mapping each pair of hex digits back to its text value, but I am looking for a setting which will just fix it.

An example original value LEGGJ is loaded by QlikView as D3C5C7C7D14040404040 i.e. D3 = L etc

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chriswain2
Creator
Creator
Author

It turned out that on the ODBC connection there is a tick box "Convert binary data (CCSID 65535) to text" which was not ticked. We had moved to a new server and not set up the connection exactly the same. As we had upgraded our version of QlikView at the same time it confused the issue.

Picture attached.

Fix.jpg

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chriswain2
Creator
Creator
Author

It turned out that on the ODBC connection there is a tick box "Convert binary data (CCSID 65535) to text" which was not ticked. We had moved to a new server and not set up the connection exactly the same. As we had upgraded our version of QlikView at the same time it confused the issue.

Picture attached.

Fix.jpg