Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview 10 Extension/Object Server Error

Hi,

when I try to add an Object to my application in WebView I get an Error like this:

error loading image

Since I want to add an Extension I cannot add the Object in "normal View".

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Try to remove the content of the extension folder, maybe it has something to do with an extension not being properly defined.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I already encountered this problem. It is a bug in QlikView, but if I remember correctly restarting QV or windows should solve the problem.

Not applicable
Author

jgeorge wrote:
I already encountered this problem. It is a bug in QlikView, but if I remember correctly restarting QV or windows should solve the problem. <div></div>

Unfortunately, even reinstalling QlikView does not solve the Problem!

Not applicable
Author

Was the problem existing from the beginning or did it appear after having worked normally for some time?

Not applicable
Author

It worked fine for some time, existing Extensions I created still work fine!

Not applicable
Author

Try to remove the content of the extension folder, maybe it has something to do with an extension not being properly defined.

Not applicable
Author

That pretty much did it! Now I have to find the Extension that caused the Problem! Thanks!!

Not applicable
Author

Did you find out what was the problem with that extension? I suspect the problem lies in the definition.xml file since the javascript should not be executed after the creation of the first object (and you said your previously created extension were working fine).

You should report this to the support: having the whole webview broken because of a buggy extension should not happen.

Not applicable
Author

Actually it was a Typo in the opening <ExtensionObject> Tag in my Definition.xml ! If I correct the Typo it works fine, and i can reproduce the Error now.

Not applicable
Author

This lack of details in the extension errors messages is very frustrating. Anyway thanks for sharing the information!