Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlikview 11: Latest IE plugin does not recognize dimension limits

Hello,

We just upgraded to version 11 this morning as well as downloaded the new IE plugin for AccessPoint.  We found that the dimension limits were not being recognized in AccessPoint.  After trouble shooting the issue, we found that the prior version of IE plugin works just fine and does recognize the dimension limits. 

I just wanted to see if anyone else had this issue too and if it was something that should be addressed in the next release.

Thanks,

Jen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I solved the issue. In order for AccessPoint to recognize the dimension limits after the QV 11 upgrade, I had to go into the properties of each bar chart that I had a dimension limit for in QV 10.  I didn't make any changes to those charts, all I did was go into the properties, then save the qvw.  I upgraded my IE plugin and now the charts appear as they should with the latest version of IE plugin.

Thanks to all that looked into this. 

Jen

View solution in original post

6 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I just did a quick test and dim limits seem to be working. Can you give some more specifics? Chart type and which limit options?

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It's a bar chart, with the limits being: Show only, largest, 5.

What we ended up doing, not only uninstalling the latest IE plugin, but we also deleted the files in Program Files/QlikView/QvPlugin before reinstalling the prior version of IE plugin.

It is working now, but we are using the prior version of IE plugin.

Thanks for looking into this.

Jen

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Jen,

It's working for me in the SR2 (build 11414) plugin. Attached is the test doc I used.

Can you post a doc that's failing?

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

Thank you for getting back to me.  Here is a screen shot of what the user is seeing in AccessPoint using the latest IE Plugin:

dim limits.JPG

This is what I have using the prior version of IE Plugin.

dim limits2.JPG

This is just one example, but it is consistently happening with all of our charts that have a dimension limit set.

Since it appears that other's haven't experienced this issue, maybe it's an issue with one of our setting within AccessPoint. 

I really appreciate your help.  Thank you!

Jen

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I solved the issue. In order for AccessPoint to recognize the dimension limits after the QV 11 upgrade, I had to go into the properties of each bar chart that I had a dimension limit for in QV 10.  I didn't make any changes to those charts, all I did was go into the properties, then save the qvw.  I upgraded my IE plugin and now the charts appear as they should with the latest version of IE plugin.

Thanks to all that looked into this. 

Jen

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

where should i download the plugin for Qlikview 11.2 SR7?  Right now we are using QV 10 SR4 and we are about to upgrade to QV 11.2 SR7. Please guide me.

Thanks