Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview 9.00 SR5 Installation Desktop

Hello Guys,

After installing the Qlikview Server according to the Release Notes Qlikview client(Qlikview-Desktop) must be installed. what is the currect procedure for this?

Just Shutdown the Services install the client and then start the Services?? Is there any Documentation. In the realease only Server is discussed.

I have SR4 now on the Qlikview Server and I need to install both x64 and x32 client on the Server.

Thanks in Advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
quwok
Creator III
Creator III

Hi sravan,

referring back to your original question, as far as i know the QlikView desktop installation is not part of the server installation requirements. could you indicate which part of the release notes states that QlikView Desktop must be installed as part of the server.

and if you intend to install the QlikView Desktop on your server (which is optional and NOT required), simply start the installer. there is need to stop any services and the order in which you install them doesn't matter either.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

To be clear Server is already upgraded to SR5. Now the question is how to Run the client?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sravan,

Read the QlikView Server Reference Manual before installation of QlikView Server which by defaults gets installed in C:\Program Files\QlikView\Documentation\ location.

If you want to configure x64 bit QVS so you should have 64 bit machine, operating system and ODBC drivers. After installation of QVS on the server. The web end user license gets configured on the server itself after successfull registration from QlikTech Server which enables the type of license and no. of end users license information.

The end user will access the QlikView Server accesspoint using http:\\ipaddress\qlikview this url using IEPlugin, AJAX, Java Objects options.

You need to download and configure seperate component for QlikView Desktop and configure on the server. (but you should have seperate license on the server otherwise it will work like personal edition)

Please read the complete details in QVS Reference manual.

Regards,

Raj Kishor

Not applicable
Author

Hi Raj,

This all doesnot answer my question. I already have Qlikview Server 9.00 SR5 installed. What I need to install now is Qlikview Desktop 9.00SR5. Now I have Qlikview Desktop 9.00 SR4 running.

Regards

Sravan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sravan,

If you want to host the application on the server for the end users. End users will access these application using above mentioned link.

http:\\ipaddress\qlikview\

QlikView Desktop will give allow you to open the application on the server itself.

Let me know what you are looking for exactly so that i will suggest you.

Regards,

Raj Kishor

Not applicable
Author

QlikView Desktop on the Server not accesspoint

Not applicable
Author

Qlikview Desktop on the Qlikview Server and not accesspoint

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sravan,

QlikView Desktop is add on component product which is used only for application development. You can download it from Download Section and install it on the any machine. It does not install automatically with QlikView Server. You need to manually download, install it.

Regards,

Raj Kishor

quwok
Creator III
Creator III

Hi sravan,

referring back to your original question, as far as i know the QlikView desktop installation is not part of the server installation requirements. could you indicate which part of the release notes states that QlikView Desktop must be installed as part of the server.

and if you intend to install the QlikView Desktop on your server (which is optional and NOT required), simply start the installer. there is need to stop any services and the order in which you install them doesn't matter either.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Quwok,

Thankyou that is what I wanted. As SR5 Qlikview Server is a little bit special, where in I the Server is completed removed and the new one is installed. I though the order does matter regarding the Services and Desktop.

Regards

Sravan