Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Application performance very bad

Hi Experts,

We are using qlikview application which was working fine. Now we have a new customer with huge data. Performance has degraded very badly. Please provide me some suggestions to improve performance when dimension values are increased.

I have checked community posts and did all changes but there is no improvement in performance. Start schema with 10 Dimensions and Fact table.

I did not get much information on how to improve when dimension values are increased. We have 10 dimensions but only 3 dimensions are not working due to huge data.

Each of 3 dimensions is having around '235390' rows and Fact table contains '3187068'.

Please provide your valuable suggestions to improve performance. We are using Ajax UI application.

Regards,

Sai Krishna.

14 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

‌wwhat is the spec of your server? How much RAM? What CPUs?

marcus_sommer

Could it be that your fact- and dimension-tables aren't properly associated and you tried to calculate over loosen tables or that there are synthetic keys or even circular loops? Then like Jason mentioned by such few records and simple expressions like sum(Sales) you couldn't get a bad performance with a proper datamodel. Please post a screenshot from your tableviewer and your used script.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

15.3 GB RAM

Intel Xenon 2.50Ghz

2 Cores

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

That's not much RAM at all....

Can you please post a screenshot of your Table Viewer (data model)

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

UI team has designed application by integrating qlikview objects into HTML/Ajax.

This particular QVW is loading fine in Access Point. But in application it is not loading, taking lot of time and refreshing to main page.

We have increased RAM to 60 GB with 8 core processor. we are following star schema. Fact table has 60 M rows and ten dimensions in which 3 dimensions have 2.5 M rows and others dimensions between 1000 to 10,000 rows.

Can you please tell me or share any knowledge base to improve performance of QVW loading with Ajax.?

I have seen some post with IIS settings, I have followed those tips as well.

The main page is taking around 15 to 18 seconds to load and other tabs are taking around 7 - 10 seconds to loads. Customer wants real quick.

New to QlikViewQlikView Forums & ResourcesQlikView App DevelopmentQlikView DeploymentQlikView Layout & VisualizationsQlikView Performance