Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bimala0507
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlikview Certification for designer vs. Developer

Hi:

If anyone can help me in understanding the Qlikview certification procedure.

1) Whether Qlikview certification for developer is same as Qlikview certification for designer. If different how are they different ?

2)  How is it feasible for individual  like me, who does not have real practical exposure to  appear and qualify  the exam.

3) Can an individual appear for it independently or he/she has to go through Qliktech partner?

4) Is there any certification guide for developer or designer. Where can I find the sample test materials for practicing mock test before appearing for the actual test  

I would be grateful to those, who has experience in this matter and take few time to reply back to my above queries. Similar questions have been asked before by others, but I could not see any appropriate reply and hence re-posting it in the forum.

Kind Regards,

Bimala

6 Replies
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Bimala,

1.Qlikview developer certification and Designer are different.  Developer includes scripting,visualization,etc., But designer includes only UI or visualization part.

If you complete Developer certification, it includes designer certification also. Meaning if you completed Qlikview developer certification, they will provide both qlikview developer and qlikview designer certification.

If you completed designer certification alone, you will get one certificate alone.

2. If you don't have real time experience, participate the discussions in community and help others so that you can get experience..

3. individual can appear independently.

Go through the link here for more information.. http://community.qlik.com/message/401267#401267

Regards.

Siva

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Bimala,

1) There is a certification for developers that automatically includes the certification for designers in the same exam.  Therefore I'm not familiar with the designer certification, but the idea is that it only involves multiple-choice questions about Qlik objects, functions and usage.  The developer certification includes what is included in the designer certification and additional questions about scripting, data models and Qlik administration.

2) Register at Computer-Based Testing Provider for Certification and Licensure Exams :: Pearson VUE, pay the exam fee, select a location to take the exam and a date.  I don't recommend this exam for those who don't have at least 6-12 months of experience, but you can by all means try.

3) Anybody can take the test without going through a Qlik partner

4) There is no official guide like the one's Microsoft has, but Qlik shares the exam's topics in the certification section of its site QlikView Certification- Business Intelligence (BI) Reporting Software Solutions | Qlik.

I hope that helps a bit,

Karl

bimala0507
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you so much for the valuable input. Is there any certification guide or sample test materials in order to brush up and do certain mock test.

Kind Regards,

Bimala

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Yes.

Lots of questions here about exam preparation resources...I recommend visiting the Certification web pages on qlik.com. Select Services, then Training, then Certification.

Regards.

siva

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Refer this thread for tips and materials.

QlikView Developer Certification exam | Qlik Community

Regards.

siva

bimala0507
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks much !!