Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JulRI
Contributor
Contributor

Qlikview Charts are freezing

Hi,

I have a problem with my QlikView docs. I can  create, reload my QlikView documents and add boxes in there. However when i create charts and go to amend them (for example trying to add an expression or trying to amend it in any way) it freezes. When it does that i cannot exit of anything and all i can do is close the Program via using Task manager.

Has anyone come across anything like this and is there an easy fix for it, please?

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Nicole-Smith

How much data is in your dashboard?  Do you have any synthetic keys?  Did you create a Cartesian product by trying to join anything?

I've seen this happen in the past if I've accidentally created a Cartesian product and ended up with so many more rows of data than I was expecting to have.

JulRI
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have not created it as i am not even using it in my daily operations. Does not matter how heavy the document is and how much data i load in there- it still freezes. I have created a blank doc and just added there very small file - reloaded it and started forming my list boxes and charts - but it still freezes. Same happens when i am trying to amend or add an expression in the existing heavier documents...very weird.

marcus_sommer

Probably you open with your action another window which isn't visible for you - hidden under other windows or more likely it's outside from your screen (maybe moved there by a different monitor-setting) - so that Qlik is just waiting to your further actions ...

- Marcus

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Julia, I think Marcus is likely on the right track with things, the easiest thing to do is get to your Desktop Client Settings.ini file, located by default here: C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView and look for the [WindowPos] tag, you can clear all the content under that tag, just be sure Desktop is not running when you do this, then save the file and reopen your client and see if things are working as expected.  You could do one more drastic by recreating the Settings.ini, but you may need to re-apply your license etc. in that case, but that would be the next thing to try if the first does not work, just rename the old file and then open the Desktop, it will prompt you with a couple of questions and then will open, see if you can still replicate at that point.  If you can, let us know what version you are running, need the full build number, xx.xx.xxxxx, or xx.xx SRx, which you can get from Help About.  Sorry I do not have anything better at the moment.  You could also try running a Repair on the installation too, last thing of which I can think.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.