Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deena279
Contributor
Contributor

Qlikview Data Fetch is taking longer time

Dear All

Our Application is posted in cloud, at the same time application is fetching data from SQL DB. The main problem we are facing is fetching data from DB. Data fetching is running more than the SLA time. We have checked the connectivity between DB and QV, DB team confirmed that they don't find any issues also checked with Cloud team, they also said they don't find any issues. 

Meanwhile DB team said they can restart the DB and will the issue. 

Please help is DB restart is the right solution or do we have any other alternative for delay in data fetch. At the same time, if we are doing the DB restart what benefits QV will gain other than data fetch on time. 

Seeking your Assistance

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would recommend using the Script/Document logs on this to track down exactly where the delay is occurring, this will confirm for certain if it is the DB query etc., but you should be able to see the elapsed time from the initial query request to the time we start getting records returned etc., to see if those are inline with expectations or not.  There is one other thing you could try too, use the Desktop client to reload the app on the server and see if that is faster, if it is, I would have to surmise the issue lies in the fact we are doing the other call as a service account, and the DB may be treating that differently than a logged on user call...  Only thing of which I can think.  Here is a link to an article on how to enable the script/document logs:

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000002668

Hopefully this will help in getting things moved forward.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.