Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview - Edit Background Color for All Expressions at Once

My dashboard has 40 sheets, each with its own pivot table including 10-30 expressions per pivot table. I am trying to do a mass color edit. Is it possible to loop through all of these with a macro do change the color background for each expression? The goal is to get the subtotals in all pivot tables to be a particular color.

I am currently using this function in the color background under expressions.

IF(ColumnNo() = 0, 

RGB(141, 180, 226))

2 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

This thread contains a macro that colors the backgrounds of all dimensions in a chart. Maybe you can modify it for expressions. You would need to add a loop to get all charts instead of just the one.

Not applicable
Author

I already solved it.

Sub ChangeColors

set allValues = ActiveDocument.Fields("Variable").GetPossibleValues

msgbox allValues.Count

For i=6 to allValues.Count-1

set testing = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject(allValues.Item(i).Text + " Pivot").GetProperties.Expressions '.Item(0).Data.ExpressionDat

msgbox allValues.Item(i).Text + " Pivot"

expressionCount = testing.count - 1

For iteration = 0 to expressionCount

testing.Item(iteration).Item(0).Data.AttributeExpressions.BkgColorExp.Definition.v = "$(Subtotal_Blue)" ' $(Subtotal_Blue)= IF(ColumnNo() = 0, RGB(141, 180, 226)

Next

ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject(allValues.Item(i).Text + " Pivot").SetProperties testing

Next