Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview ODBC Connector Timeout Error

Hi,

I am getting a Timeout Error using the new Qlikview ODBC Connector for Oracle. How do I change these values? I've tried inputting "QueryTimeout" in the Advanced section but it has not changed a thing.

note: If i use the native oracle driver on another machine using the same sql, it does not come up with a timeout error.

Thanks,

Kevin

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think this will be caused by the odbc-settings within the oracle which could be quite different to their own driver.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Marcus,

I thought that too but If i use the oracle driver, I don't get this timeout error. In any case, how can I change the timeout settings for the oracle driver settings (and/or the Qv ODBC connector settings).

Regards,

Kev

marcus_sommer

I don't work with oracle but I think the oracle-driver is a very specialized piece of connection, very optimized to an oracle-environment and far away from a quite old odbc-standard which needs very general.

This should be helpful: https://support.microsoft.com/en-en/kb/251248 and more general: Google.

- Marcus

marcus_sommer

Here are two further links which might be helpful:

Installing Oracle OLEDB Drivers.docx

Connectivity to Oracle Database

- Marcus