Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview ODBC Connector Timeout Error

Hi,

I am getting a Timeout Error using the new Qlikview ODBC Connector for Oracle. How do I change these values? I've tried inputting "QueryTimeout" in the Advanced section but it has not changed a thing.

note: If i use the native oracle driver on another machine using the same sql, it does not come up with a timeout error.

Thanks,

Kevin

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think this will be caused by the odbc-settings within the oracle which could be quite different to their own driver.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Marcus,

I thought that too but If i use the oracle driver, I don't get this timeout error. In any case, how can I change the timeout settings for the oracle driver settings (and/or the Qv ODBC connector settings).

Regards,

Kev

marcus_sommer

I don't work with oracle but I think the oracle-driver is a very specialized piece of connection, very optimized to an oracle-environment and far away from a quite old odbc-standard which needs very general.

This should be helpful: https://support.microsoft.com/en-en/kb/251248 and more general: Google.

- Marcus

marcus_sommer

Here are two further links which might be helpful:

Installing Oracle OLEDB Drivers.docx

Connectivity to Oracle Database

- Marcus