Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FPC
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlikview Query to identify data into the same table

Hi!

I'm building a model to improve perfomance on an area of my company to find inefficiencies on the purchasing behaviour of Procument.  But right now I have some problems. I'm kind of new in Qlikview, so far I have being able to almost finish the project, but this part it's getting me crazy. I hope I can explain it with some pictures, because I don't have any code to achive that, I even tried splitting the data on different tables but I still don't get it.

I have a set of data which must be complemented depending on the data itself. 

In the picture you can see the data base. What I want to do is to fill PPM (maked in yellow). The name of the rows are the ones marked in grey.

2019_06_14_21_54_05_Cuadraturas.xls_Modo_de_compatibilidad_Excel.png

The logic behind this, is to review the purchases of my procurement team, where I calculate the inefficiency and missing opportunities based on price. 

The rules I use are, if you bought in your actual month at a higher price than the "Lowest Price", you have an inefficiency. 

The Lowest Price is defined by if you buy at 1,916 from supplier 00000001086, but in a frame of time of 3 month you have bought to any other supplier at a lower price, you have an inefficiency. 

As far I already have identify the lowest price for each supplier. The problem is I must find the Period when this price was used.

In the case I show in the picture, the lowest price is 1,781 wich was bought to supplier 000001118 on January19. 

How could I writte down a code to fill the PPM(Lowest Price) column with the period as the example showed?

Sorry if my english is not so good, not my native language. If you need more info please let me know or if I must change something.

Regards,

Labels (3)
1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Well, I do not have a definitive answer for you, but I have something that might help you out:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/bg-p/qlik-design-blog

Do some searching in that area, there is a lot of good development related material in that area, hopefully something will be of help there to help you get this app finished.  Sorry I am not more help.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.