Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhavvibudagam
Creator II
Creator II

Qlikview Small Business Edition (SBE) License work for Qlikview personal edition or not

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for only Qlikview License Desktop. I have Qlikview Small Business Edition (SBE) License.

I have applied the same license at Qlikview Personal Edition settings -->User Preferences --> Licenses.

But I am getting the below error.

Please confirm for Qlikview License Desktop Small Business Edition (SBE) License will work or not.

If I install Small Business Edition (SBE) server I will get desktop also in addition to server same like Qliksense.

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You cannot use a server license key directly on QlikView Desktop. What you need to do is lease a license from the server for the desktop.

QlikView License Leasing

-Rob

View solution in original post

10 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You cannot use a server license key directly on QlikView Desktop. What you need to do is lease a license from the server for the desktop.

QlikView License Leasing

-Rob

bhavvibudagam
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Rob,

Thank you so much for your Reply. I have worked on Qliksense Server Installation. I am very new to Qlikview server.

To lease the license first we need to install the Qlikview server Right?

For Qlikview server installation same like QlikSense am I need windows 2012 R2 server  or  am I able to install on My local machine windows 10 without functional account.

or

Is their any way to get only Qlikview Desktop license without installing the server.

Is their is no way please provide the steps for  Qlikview Small Business Edition Server Installation and Configuration.

I have got 5 User CALs in my license. Please describe the User CALs also.

Thanks in Advance

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes, to be able to lease licenses you must install the QV Server.  You can install the QV Server software on your Windows 10 workstation.  Be advised that you can use a serer license key on only one machine at a time.  If you later install the same server license key on a Windows 2012 server for production, be sure to un-install the server from the windows 10 machine.

Installation Installing QlikView Server ‒ QlikView and licensing Licenses ‒ QlikView instructions are in the on-line help.

CALs (Client Access License) are what allocate to users to allow them to access QV documents on the server.  The User CALs are also used to license (as leased licenses) QV Desktop for development.

QV Desktop may also be licensed using a "local license".  However, this kind of license is not included with your Server license.  If it is your intent to never use the Server piece, contact your Qlik account rep to see if you have purchased the correct type of license.

-Rob

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

It should work, have you added the users in qmc? for the Small Business Edition upto 25 Named CALs and 100 Doc CALs limit allowed.

Refer to  the attachment for details.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It looks like the QliView Management Service has not started, possibly a logon failure.  Open services.msc and take a look at the status of the 5 QlikView Services. If they are stopped, try to start them. If you get an error message and cannot deduce the problem (like "logon failure"), then look at the service logs found in

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\Log

There is a separete folder for each service.

-Rob

http://masterssummit.com

http://qlikviewcookbook.com

bhavvibudagam
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Rob,

Thank you so much for you help.

Yes My services was not Running. I have started the services then the able to login to QMC.

I have applied the license leasing to Qlivkiew Personal Edition Successfully and able to connect to the Server.

Now Desktop is available like Qlikivew Evaluation copy.

One more doubt My server License valid upto 2018-10-31. Upto that period am i able to use the Qlikview Desktop by leasing License or it will expire after 30days because in the above attached you tube video mentioned as license lease will apply for 30days.

Is this temporary or permanent solution please confirm.

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

license  Lease will auto extended to further 30 days once they connect to the server.

bhavvibudagam
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Devarasu,

Thanks for your confirmation.

In My server license found that Document CALS(0 License).

Am I able to create number of document and am i able to open my earlier documents without any issues or Is their any limitation in that.

Please find the below screen shot.

Thanks in advance.

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

you have 5 Named CALs so it should be ok. Document CALs is separate license

check this article,

QlikView Client Access Licenses – CALs – Learn QlikView

Hope this helps to you. Close this thread if your questions answered. thanks

Regards,Deva