Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlikview Stacked sort not working.

I am working on a stacked chart with only 2 expressions resulting in a total volume based on a certain business type.

when i try sorting from highest to lowest in the stacked chart using Y value, it takes one of the business type and not the other

When i use the sort by expression , where i am summing up both the business types and i still get certain values not showing up correctly.

Can any one explain a proper way to do the sorting ?

i am attaching the 2 pictures

in the sort by expression , this is my expression

sum({$<v_Volume_in_Litres,Month=,MonthYear={'$(v_MaxMonthYear_1)'},Year=,[Account Business Cust Type]={'CPT'}>}[PYTHON Value]) + sum({$<v_Volume_in_Litres,Month=,MonthYear={'$(v_MaxMonthYear_1)'},Year=,[Account Business Cust Type]={'FLAT'},[Transaction Product Group]={'Fuel'}>}[PYTHON Value])

Sort by expression.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you're using the same expression in expression and sort tab (identical set analysis), that's the right way to do the sorting by expression.

If that's not the problem, please post a sample.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Krishna, Please post sample qvw.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you're using the same expression in expression and sort tab (identical set analysis), that's the right way to do the sorting by expression.

If that's not the problem, please post a sample.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Fernando ,

Yes i am using the same expression in both places , just that in sort expression ,  i sum both the expressions (FLAT, CPT) and try sorting as total

for a change , i tried with rangesum , aggr but all of them give the same result with minor variation as highlighted in yellow in the picture.