Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Table - Input fields

Hello Experts....

I have a requirement where i am displaying several database fields in pivot table with expressions where i need to add two fields for amount and name and use those values in some calculations and save these input values in Qlikview may be QVD or QVX.

These input items should be maintained as separate sheet and i will use the input data summaries in the Pivot table.

Showing current actual sales will give rep opportunity to enter forecast sales info and use the forecast sales info to compare with current actual sales.

I am not sure how to approach this.  Could you please give me some guidance.

Appreciate it.

Thank you,

Pad

2 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Well, if you search around this forum, you will find instructions in several posts on how to declare fields as INPUTFIELDS. Once you have declared your 2 fields as INPUTFIELDS, put them into a table box on the separate sheet you mentioned (needs to be in a table box to be editable). If you need to store the values, you can right-click the chart and export it, or write a macro to do it on a button-click.

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much for your response Vald.  Appreciate your time.

Now I have created script as follows which is creating the .qvx file called NewAccountData.qvx  fine.

I am not sure how I could use the Primary rep name from the database query instead of INLINE load…

I do have DB Field primary rep as parameter selction choice and when a rep selected i wanted these new accounts qvx data modified is for that rep only....

ODBC CONNECT TO [TESTDBI03;DBQ=TESTDBI03] (UserId is TEST, Password is myTEST);;

SLTTAccount_Actuals:

select * from VW_SLTT_ACCOUNT_ANALYSIS_LID where length(GLNUMBER) = 20 and MONTH_OFYEAR_NUMBER = 11;

INPUTFIELD NewAccountName, Amount;

//NewAccountData:

//LOAD select rownum, SALESIDENTIFIER || '-' || NAMELAST_USER as PrimarySalesRep from SLTTAccount_Actuals;

NewAccountData:

LOAD * INLINE [

SNo, PrimarySalesRep

1, 'Pad'

2, 'Pad'

3, 'Pad'

4, 'Pad'

5, 'Pad'

6, 'Pad'

7, 'Pad' 

8, 'Pad'

9, 'Pad'