Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deepak87
Partner - Contributor III

Qlikview Textbox Action set variables for date not working on single click

Hi All,

I'm using Qlikview textbox action to set a date variable and using these in the calendar object

Actually to variable

start date & end date

start date is today's date & end date is =date(today()+60).

Upon first click on the Textbox, these variables are not updated. But on the second click it's works fine.

Any idea, why it's not working in the first click itself?

Regards,

Deepak K M

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Surya
Creator II
Creator II

Maybe you are not clicking properly in the first click in Qlik

Deepak87
Author

@Surya 

No, that's not the case. I'm clicking properly.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I believe this is going to be a timing issue sort of, the first click is setting the variables, but the subsequent evaluation in the expression is not occurring after the setting of the variables, that is likely occurring before the variables etc. would be my best hunch.  I do not believe there is any means to control things here either unless you can somehow do things all in a single expression if that makes sense as then you should be able to control the order of things.  Hopefully makes a little sense.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.