Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlikview developer - publisher - server question

Hi,

I am working with Qlikview personal Edition, but I want to know how you work in the Server licence.

I suppose that you create a qvw doc in Qlikview Desktop and upload to the Qlikview Server with Qlikview Publisher,

then your qvw ca be accesed for client user via the Qlikview access point.

Is that correct?

Whivh is the difference between a Qlikview Desktop licence and a Qlikview Developer license?

Thanks in advance

1 Reply
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Juan,

the first part of your post is certainly correct. There's no more to it. You can either develop a qvw locally on your machine and upload it then or you can work on it while it's already stored on the server.

It is automatically shown on the AccessPoint which the users - anyone - can access via their Browser, but you have to give them both "physical" access to the directory where you store your QlikView_apps and you have to assign them a licence for that one, then they can both see and open it - either in their Browser if they haven't got the Desktop_client installed, or on that.

About the licenses, I'm not so sure - the naming of them is a bit complicated. Maybe someone else can answer that one.

Best regards,

DataNibbler