Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
svante
Contributor
Contributor

Qlikview on Apple MacBook via BootCamp

Hi, any experience of using Qlikview on Appel via BootCamp? Im thinking of using Vista 64-bit on MacBook Pro and Qlikview to get hold of more memory (8GB is possible om MacBook Pro).I want to use my Qlikview on the road and Apple notebooks seems excelletnt if BootCamp does the job, natively we use 32-bit in our bussiness andt thats also why I want to upgrade to 64-bit for more memory power.

Regards Svante

ps. using Qlikview Enterprise mainly as inhouse tool for myself analyzing big datasets ds

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Svante,

I can't speak to Boot Camp, but I'm using QlikView 9.0 64-bit on a Windows Vista x64 Enterprise Virtual Machine using VMWare Fusion on my MacBook Pro, and it runs great. You shouldn't have any trouble with it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable

Svante,

I can't speak to Boot Camp, but I'm using QlikView 9.0 64-bit on a Windows Vista x64 Enterprise Virtual Machine using VMWare Fusion on my MacBook Pro, and it runs great. You shouldn't have any trouble with it.

svante
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks, yes Im also thinking of using VMWare Fusion + Vista Business 64. Now theres nothing holding me back from those lovely new MacBook Pros! Expansive memory though!

Regards

Not applicable

I hear that! I'm using a Penryn MBP with 4GB...those new ones are tempting!

We have a few folks running QV on Macs using both VMWare and Bootcamp.