Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qliklearnervir
Creator
Creator

Qlikview with SVN initial set up issue

Hi,

Recently in our project we have introduced SVN (Tortoise) for our future development.

For initial set up we have installed the SVN in the "C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN"

From Qlikview side i have done below configuration:-

(1) Created -prj folder for the QVW file.

(2) in the Settings i have added :-      SVN COmmand LIne Client : "C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\svn.exe"

Merge Tool: C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\TortoiseMerge.exe

Merge Tool Parameters: /base:%base/mine:%mine/thiers:%theirs/merged:%merged

(3) Now in the Add project and Get Project section I have some doubt , may be i am new with this activity that

What should be the Repository URL.( Syntax for URL , or from will i get the URL either for Local machine and Client side)

How to "add" and "get project" from SVN any real time help or guide.

how to manage our development with SVN and How Qlikview can map all the development with SVN.

(4) In our project our development is multi layer so , i want the architecture for the SVN should be flexible enough to handle multi layer architecture.

PLease suggest

4 Replies
Faizoel
Partner - Contributor III

I have the same. Did you manage to figure this out?

For me it looks like QlikView cant use the SVN command line tool correctly

Not applicable

I'm facing same issue, here is my analysis:

When QlikView (I'm using version 11.20.1306.0 SR13 64-bit edition under Windows 7 Enterprise) launch a TortoiseSVN command line, it uses sometime the "/" character in the file path name rather than "\".

So when QlikView calls TortoiseMerge, here is what the command line looks like:

<C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\TortoiseMerge.exe>" /base: "C:/Users/x/Documents/QliKSVN/QliK-prj/QlikViewProject.xml.r30" /mine: "C:\Users\x\Documents\QliKSVN\QliK-prj\QlikViewProject.xml" /theirs: "C:/Users/x/Documents/QliKSVN/QliK-prj/QlikViewProject.xml.r31" /merged: "C:\Users\x\Documents\QliKSVN\QliK-prj\QlikViewProject.xml"

Sounds that TortoiseMerge can't interpret such command line, at least with its configuration on my PC. I would like first to understand how QlikView can generate file path name with sometime '\' and sometime '/', that's for me a bug!

Olivier

Not applicable

I think I found a patch:

In the "Source Control"/"Settings..." window, remove all space characters between the '/base:' and the '%base'; same btw '/mine:' and '%mine' etc...

And then TortoiseMerge is correctly opening the conflicting files.

Faizoel

In my case the installation of the command line client for SVN was missing... Kind of a basic functionality to use SVN with QlikView.

Additionally I had to add this line in the tunnels section of the SVN "config" file.

ssh = C:/Personal_Local_Data/putty/PLINK.EXE

The config file can be found in the folder %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Subversion. The file has no extension.

But this config addition is probably just because of the situation in my current workspace.