Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qliview vs Tableau

Hello everyone, how is it going?

I'm doing research on B.I tools in college and I need some opinions of some experts in this subject. Can you guys help me?

So that's the question: In your opinion what is the main technical advantage and disadvantage of qlikview in relation to tableu?

Sincerely, Luiz

4 Replies
vikasmahajan

Re: Advantages of Qlikview over tableau

Qlikview Vs Tableau A comparison

and

https://apandre.wordpress.com/tools/comparison/

Hope this may help you

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
avinashelite

Check this too

www.clearpointstrategy.com/qlikview-vs-tableau/

What is the advantage of qlikview over tableau?

Not applicable
Author

Hello @Luiz Bisco

When Compared to Tableau, QlikView Associative technology makes it more powerful and it helps to read association between variables easily. This feature sometimes help businesses to understand hidden relation between data points.

While comparing Visualization Objects feature in both QlikView has good options available to visualize information. It is loaded with various objects. We can play with properties of these objects easily to customize it. We can also create custom charts like waterfall, boxplot, geo-spatial charts by customizing properties. While inserting object, it has layout and formatting options similar to theme of document. Here we need to work on formatting options to make it more visually appealing.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

MadisonQuinn

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Having worked with Tableau, When it comes to visulaisation its eaier to use, more intuitive and for sure the options hat are presented to you while dashboarding is great. However, Tableau lacks the data modelling features that qlik offers. Tableau licensing model is different and perhaps cheaper. I would say its down to the business needs. Tableau assums many things but not necessarily tue and realistic. Also, first hand datasource connectors are many.

Qlik besides the many feature is more structured and gives you the control feeling which boosts the confidence in what you are producing and delivering.