Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Quartile

Hello,,,

I'm trying to make a Quartile productivity of employees, ordered by notes of High-Low, but it does not know how to divide this quartile in 4 equal parts.

someone could give me a hand, I'm posting an example in excel.

ps: sorry for my bad english

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Here is an example.

I noticed that your quartile are not by the rank of the employee by the numbers, but by the row order in your spreadsheet.

So first quartile is:  

avg(  {<EmployeeNumber={"<=$(=count(total distinct EmployeeNumber)/4*1)"}>}  Data)

2nd quartile is:

avg(  {<EmployeeNumber={">$(=count(total distinct EmployeeNumber)/4*1)<=$(=count(total distinct EmployeeNumber)/4*2)"}>}  Data)

3rd quartile is:

avg(  {<EmployeeNumber={">$(=count(total distinct EmployeeNumber)/4*2)<=$(=count(total distinct EmployeeNumber)/4*3)"}>}  Data)

4th quartile is:

avg(  {<EmployeeNumber={">$(=count(total distinct EmployeeNumber)/4*3)<=$(=count(total distinct EmployeeNumber)/4*4)"}>}  Data)

... BUT  you may need some round() , floor() or ceil() functions to delineate the boundaries properly when number of employees is not divisible by 4.

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

What exactly is your question? Do you want to know how to calculated Quartile in QlikView?

Not applicable
Author

Yes, it's basically dividing a column in 4 equal parts

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Here is an example.

I noticed that your quartile are not by the rank of the employee by the numbers, but by the row order in your spreadsheet.

So first quartile is:  

avg(  {<EmployeeNumber={"<=$(=count(total distinct EmployeeNumber)/4*1)"}>}  Data)

2nd quartile is:

avg(  {<EmployeeNumber={">$(=count(total distinct EmployeeNumber)/4*1)<=$(=count(total distinct EmployeeNumber)/4*2)"}>}  Data)

3rd quartile is:

avg(  {<EmployeeNumber={">$(=count(total distinct EmployeeNumber)/4*2)<=$(=count(total distinct EmployeeNumber)/4*3)"}>}  Data)

4th quartile is:

avg(  {<EmployeeNumber={">$(=count(total distinct EmployeeNumber)/4*3)<=$(=count(total distinct EmployeeNumber)/4*4)"}>}  Data)

... BUT  you may need some round() , floor() or ceil() functions to delineate the boundaries properly when number of employees is not divisible by 4.

Capture.PNG

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

I think that Fractile() is the function you need, using 0.25, 0.5 and 0.75 as parameters

Please check your manual for proper usage

Not applicable
Author

thanks jonathan poole, i will test with round()

Not applicable
Author

I've tested it with fractile, but are of different sizes quartiles