Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Query Code

I am experiencing an issue where I added a new table to a qvw. Unfortunately since I added the table the query freezes. The script execution reads all of the rows but stops after that. Is there a way to see the actual query code that QlikView generates?

2 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The actual query code is your load script, there is nothing "behind the scenes"... It sounds like by adding a new table, you added one or more synthetic keys, and those take a long time to build. I can suggest a couple of ideas:

1. Visually review your code and try to determine what associations (links, joins...) will be built between your tables. See if any pairs of tables should have more than one key in common. Those multiple identical fields will cause synthetic keys.

2. If it's too difficult to determine the cause visually, Open the Debugger, select "Limited Load" and request a small amount of rows (100, for example). QlikView will load limited number of rows into each table, and you'll be able to see visually what synthetic keys got created and what other issues you might have in your data model.

Not applicable
Author

Thanx Oleg,

I used the Unqualify on the table that wouldn't load and that seemed to work.

Regards,