Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Question on URL_parameters as per Design_blog

Hi,

I have a question on the Design_blog by Alexander Karlsson, but maybe anyone else can help:

- Since most of the users of my apps view them in the Browser, that is just fine and it has a lot of charm since I

don't need to do anything in the targeted app itself.

- I can get the URL to work with the Sheet_ID, so when I open the URL via an action in the mgmt_dashboard,

the targeted app opens with the correct sheet.

<=> I am having trouble with the selections. I need two selections on different fields - either year and month or year and week, mostly.

- I have created two listboxes on the targeted sheet in the targeted app and just made them invisible so they would always be
        there and the IDs would not change, since a new ID is seemingly assigned every time I add a new listbox. (the user makes
        selections in multiboxes, I don't think I can add selections in those to a URL, can I?)

- I have used the syntax given in the blog and attached them both to the URL like
        >>>  ...&sheet=SH19&select=LB01,2014&select=LB02,"July" <<<

However, that does not work - by now I have deactivated the macro I had earlier to avoid confusing interactions, but now no selection whatsoever is made when the URL is triggered and the sheet opens...

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Reply
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

I have now chosen a workaround for this: Instead of the syntax for selections, I create a bookmark (static) with the selection of the current year and current week and append that to the URL.

=> That seems to work fine, both selections trigger, but

<=> for some reason, when I select the current week, only the first day is displayed although the dimension (an
        expression from a qvs file) does encompass six days - and when I open that sheet in the client_software, all six
        days are being displayed.

Can anyone give me a hint as to why this is and how I could fix it?

(I have tried removing the selections on the o´pened sheet in the Browser and redoing them, but it's the same - only the first day of the week is being displayed)

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler