Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
burgersurfer
Contributor III
Contributor III

Question on concatenate syntax

I am concatenating to tables, but I am also creating a new key for these tables. Should I create the new key in front of both tables, or only the first? Is the same answer valid even if the field names change in the added table?

e.g.

Load *,

Product & '~' & Size as SKU

;

Load Product,

Size,

Stockonhand

from......;

Concatenate

{add SKU key here again?}

Load product,

size,

stockonhand....

from.....;

Thanks!

2 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Yes, you need to tell QlikView how to build the SKU field in BOTH loads. It won't assume that the second load builds SKU the same way as the first. It will leave SKU null for the second load unless you state it explicitly like you did for the first load.

burgersurfer
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks John, I hoped it is not the case, becuase my problem not gets worse:

My Sales table has product, size and colour available which is actually used as SKU. In my receiving table, all 3 fields exist, but colour and size is empty - in this table colour and size is found in a further detail table (receiving matrix). SO if I have to tell QV to create the key again, it is going to be against empty fields, which I somehow need to either reference through a MatrixTransaction key, or do a join of the matrix table to the initial concatenate