Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Question on object level access

I have a qlikview document that I have already created security /section access for. I have several tabs that depending on which one, a branch manager cannot access but an executive or admin can see (loop and reduced). Now for those tabs that the branch managers can see, I also want to be able to restrict some objects(make it not visible to them on that tab, i don't want to remove this object because there are other security group that should be able to see it). For example I have a container object with two charts/object, I want the branch manager to not be able to see on of the two objects in that container.

Is there a way to do this?

If it is a standalone object, I am able to put a condition (in the layout --show section) to only show when it is a certain security group. When I do this in the container object, it makes it invisible but still has the caption/header/object title.

Any idea?

4 Replies
jeremy_fourman
Creator
Creator

Not sure about the caption title but could you create a separate container object that does contain the charts you would like them to see and then conditionally show that based on their group? Container A contains group A's charts, B contains group B's etc.

Not applicable
Author

So I can have the two containers on the same sheet (how do I assure they both stay in the same location/position)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

try give condition according to the user 

in the layout ->show condition  ->use expresion like if OSUSER() = user1

jeremy_fourman
Creator
Creator

Under Caption tab, you can make sure they have the same X and Y positions.