Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Question on technical feasibility

Hi All,

World be grateful if you can go through my below requirement and shed some light on the technical feasibility in QV

1. Details.

Objective is to Show the item availability across stores / brands etc.

Flow 1:

1. 1) Select a week , say W10 2014
  2. 2) Opening Stock of a week is calculated as rolling stock. meaning say I select week 10 – 2014 stock number will be sum ( movement quantities ) where date <= 02-03-2014 (02-03-2014 is the last day of week 9) ( please note the stock fact is very well linked in the data model)
  3. 3) Now find all the items whose stock ( calculated as above) > 0 and count

I understand that this can be very well achieved fixing date range while loading and pre populating the items with a flag to indicate if the stock exists or not.

My question is, is there a way to make this dynamic to give user an option to select any week on the UI?

Please let me know.

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hey Jayaprakash,

I would think that this can only be done on the front end as the user can select any input. Creating a flag on the back-end wont work.

I would create a variable that would calculate the appropriate date when W10 2014 is selected and then use that variable in the expression to find the rolling stock using set analysis.

ex:

Sum(<{Date={"<=$(vVariable)"}}>StockQuantity)

Hope it helps

Thanks

AJ

Not applicable
Author

Hi AJ thanks for the reply .

in this case how do I get the total count of items with stock >0 ?  is the above expression work when I summarize the item count at a higher level dimension ? say item count under a brand 

Not applicable
Author

May be you can add another expression like(The label for above expression is say StockQty):

Count(Distinct if(StockQty>0,Item#))

In table expressions you can use other expression labels in your calculations. This is a very effective way to calculate in cases like these.

Not applicable
Author

is Count(Distinct if(StockQty>0,Item#)) work when i dont have item as dimension ?

Not applicable
Author

Well you might have to aggregate it with Item#. Again its definitely doable.

These are all suggestions to show you how it can be done. When actually doing it you might have to change it as per needs.

Not applicable
Author

Hi , if doable i am happy can you please guild me . a sample would do .

Not applicable
Author

basically i want to know hot to 'aggregate it with Item#' as you said

Not applicable
Author

Attached is an example.

Thanks

AJ

Not applicable
Author

hey cant find the attachment