Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kev6brown
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Questions

Could anyone answer the questions below?

• How do we manage licences. The process currently involves adding users to AD groups and then assigning a CAL within QV. Seems like a lot of effort to me especially with over 1000 users! – is there any way we could improve this

• How do I link CALs to email addresses – I’d like to email specific user groups occasionally with things relevant to them i.e. new consultant productivity dashboard notification to be sent only to consultants. Alternatively how do I email everyone with QV CAL

• How do we set up the development/test and live environment in the absence of the test server

Thanks

Kev

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

• How do we manage licences. The process currently involves adding users to AD groups and then assigning a CAL within QV. Seems like a lot of effort to me especially with over 1000 users! – is there any way we could improve this

You can use a document CAL: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QMC_Documents_UserDocuments...

• How do I link CALs to email addresses – I’d like to email specific user groups occasionally with things relevant to them i.e. new consultant productivity dashboard notification to be sent only to consultants. Alternatively how do I email everyone with QV CAL

You could use section Access for this: QlikView Section Access Examples