Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Quick question about sum function

Good morning, I am trying to sum all the values that match one specific condition but I can sort it out. If first I show all the values I want to sum it is correct:

EventId       RISK REVENUE  AMOUNT    1

76672         $25,131.50

176674       $25,131.50

176671       $31,600.00

176673       $31,600.00

I used the dimension EventId and this expression:

= IF( (IsNull(NewEventDescription)=0 OR IsNull(NewProjectManager)=0 OR IsNull(NewProjectName)=0 OR IsNull(NewServiceLine)=0 OR IsNull(NewTaskNumber)=0 OR IsNull(NewProjectNumber)=0 OR IsNull(NewEventDate)=0 OR IsNull(NewProjectDescription)=0 OR IsNull(NewTaskName)=0 OR IsNull(NewRevValue)=0 OR IsNull(NewBillValue)=0 OR IsNull(NewCustomerName)=0 OR isnull(DateNewLineAdded)=0 ) AND EventDate>QuarterStart(TodayDate) AND EventDate<QuarterEnd(TodayDate) AND RevenueFlag='N' AND BilledFlag='N' AND ProjectManager='David Williams',

(ProjectedRevenue)

)

but when I use the sum function it prints a result doesnt make any sense cos it doesnt show the total that should be $113.463:

EventId  RISK REVENUE  AMOUNT

176672  $1,759,205.00

176671  $2,212,000.00

176674  $3,518,410.00

176673  $4,424,000.00

I used the dimension EventId and this expression (the same than before but with the sum function at the begining:

= sum(IF( (IsNull(NewEventDescription)=0 OR IsNull(NewProjectManager)=0 OR IsNull(NewProjectName)=0 OR IsNull(NewServiceLine)=0 OR IsNull(NewTaskNumber)=0 OR IsNull(NewProjectNumber)=0 OR IsNull(NewEventDate)=0 OR IsNull(NewProjectDescription)=0 OR IsNull(NewTaskName)=0 OR IsNull(NewRevValue)=0 OR IsNull(NewBillValue)=0 OR IsNull(NewCustomerName)=0 OR isnull(DateNewLineAdded)=0 ) AND EventDate>QuarterStart(TodayDate) AND EventDate<QuarterEnd(TodayDate) AND RevenueFlag='N' AND BilledFlag='N' AND ProjectManager='David Williams',

(ProjectedRevenue)

)

)

I didnt selected the option "Full accumulation" in Expressions tab.

Could you please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks a lot in advance.

21 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan, thank you for you long reply, he hee.

What do you mean with "you used ProjectedRevenue instead of Sum(ProjectedRevenue) in your expression"? I always use the expression Sum(ProjectedRevenue) to show the grand total.

I was already aware of the fact that Qlikview is multiplying 70* ProjectedRevenue, but what I dont understand is why there are 70 rows for the same EventId.

There is no way to sum the ProjectedRevenue distinct EventId or something like that to avoid to sum up 70 times the same amount?

Thanks a lot mate.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

yomarcos2 wrote:

There is no way to sum the ProjectedRevenue distinct EventId or something like that to avoid to sum up 70 times the same amount?

That possible, but is merely treating the symptom rather than curing the problem. I doubt that there is a shortcut to this problem.

Regards,

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein