cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Qvd Data

Hello Community,

I do have one Excel with the Fields looking

H-BAT                      H-BIR                              C-BAT              C-BIR                        P-BIR

-----------------------------      ------------------------          -----------------------------      --------------------------          --------------------

AA    AB    AC        AA    AB    AC        AA          AB    AC              AA    AB    AC          AA    AB    AC

1        2        3          1          6      32          232          23          23          232      23          23          232      23          23

2        3        3        2          7        2          232            43          32        232      43          32          232      43          32

3        2          1        3          8        2          322(366)        2          3          322      2            3          322      2            3

4          1                  4          9      4          233            3            443            23        23          32          23        23          32

QVW

H-BAT                      H-BIR                              C-BAT              C-BIR                        P-BIR

-----------------------------      ------------------------          -----------------------------      --------------------------          --------------------

AA    AB    AC        AA    AB    AC        AA    AB    AC              AA    AB    AC          AA    AB    AC

1        2        3          1          6      32          232      23          23          232      23          23          232      23          23

2        3        3        2          7        2          232        43          32        232      43          32          232      43          32

3        2          1        3          8        2          322        2          3          322      2            3          322      2            3

4          1                  4          9      4          233        3            443      23        23          32          23        23          32

I want to same Thing in Qlikview. I have Tried all ways. Might be i forget one way. Can any one assist me for that Way.

I got it while i tried to stode Qvd. Here, i've created 5 Qvd's and then i have load those 5 qvd's into Qlikview. It is working fine. But, This is not a make sense. What i want to achieve is if i update my Data from my Excel If i update excel afte just Reload button i want to achieve in Qlikview with update Value. I am happy to thoughts if need changes.

AA    AB    AC        AA    AB    AC        AA    AB    AC              AA    AB    AC          AA    AB    AC

1        2        3          1          6      32          232      23          23          232      23          23          232      23          23

2        3        3        2          7        2          232        43          32        232      43          32          232      43          32

3        2          1        3          8        2          366        2          3          322      2            3          322      2            3

4          1                  4          9      4          233        3            443      23        23          32          23        23          32

This is i am looking, Does this Make sense. If yes, please share your opinion.

Questions:

1) If i store AD to qvd, Then is it possible to get updated values

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Peter and friends, Any idea about this

Some work around i did and finally i got it.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Any one Get a chance to look here?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Only getting the updated values depends on a cell characteristic that indicates that this particular cell has been updated. In your example file you don't have such a characteristic, so you'll have to resort to one of two possible solutions:

• Only storing updated values in your updated Excel source file and omitting those that haven't changed. Of course, the first Excel dump has to contain all initial values as a starting set.
  • Reading all values all over again and comparing them to the originals in your QVW. This sounds pretty dumb, as you might as well just drop the original internal table and read the Excel all over again.

Why do you want to create a complex solution, when most Excel files don't contain too much data and reading them again doesn't take that long?

Peter

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Peter, Some kind this seems help. But, my query was. If i have similar Data which i mention in excel as Attached. And i already have the Dashboard which is running on publisher. But, My query was which previous(I mean Publisher). Here, What i want to achieve is

Let's Assume, I have Table like this

H                                                 C                                               P                        

AA    AB    AC              AA          AB          AC                    AA          AB          AC

10.3  3.4    3.5              4.09        3.644      4.32                  2.4        4.3382    3.433

Now, I am exporting that Data from SAP DB. Here, The data is it could be a Week/Day/Month/Quarter/Half/Year

From above attachment excel i have Different fields but now i want to append updated values to running values(From Publisher)

Note: I just remind you, These publisher values getting from Qvd's only. If i use Increlemtal load might be we will get sove. But, client don't want to involve the DB Concepts here.

I don't to how to append two tables into One and then Publisher to Current one.

Note: Please free to ask me if you required more information and I apologize my english if i am not the good explainer.

- ANIL

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Peter and friends, Any idea about this

Some work around i did and finally i got it.