cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qvd file not able create in incremental load

Hi,

I am facing one issue. I have fact table file data and it is overriding daily. If I do normal script, QVD file will be override when fact table data is getting override on daily basis. So to overcome that, I have written code like this

If FileSize('$(Vqvdpath)test.qvd') > 0 then

test1:

LOAD * FROM fact table;

Store table  into test.qvd(qvd);

DROP Table test1;

ENDIF.

But it is not creating any QVD file. please help me where it is going wrong.

Regards,

Kumar Reddy

20 Replies
sunny_talwar

Do you need the Vqvdpath variable in STORE statement as well? and also you need to store test1 and not Table.

If FileSize('$(Vqvdpath)test.qvd') > 0 then

test1:

LOAD * FROM fact table;

STORE test1 into $(Vqvdpath)test.qvd(qvd);

DROP Table test1;

ENDIF

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

When I do incremental loads I want the original qvd to be overwritten with the new version I have added the incremental rows to.

Except for some scenarios when I want a new qvd for each day's data.  Is this what you wish to do ?

sunny_talwar

Hmmm good thinking

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for ur reply. It was my error. I have done, but it was not working.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

It should not override. it should append the new data to existing QVD data.  Here daily my source file will be override, so even my Qvd also overriding with that particular data only. I am not able to see old data. But I want old data also.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Having got your new incremental rows into a resident table you need to concatenate load the current qvd onto the resident table with a Not Exists on the table unique key.  Then overwrite the qvd disc file.

This Blog Post by stevedark explains it in detail http://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/qlikview-incremental-load/

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is fact table, here I have only inserts records, no updates.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yup, that is one of the simpler, yet standard, scenarios

In the blog http://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/qlikview-incremental-load/ have a look at the section Append Only Table With A Unique Sequential ID

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Thanks for sharing the link Bill.