Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
huning
Contributor
Contributor

Qvs does not use all available RAM

Hi there,

We have a SBE server with 40 GB RAM. I've noticed today that the QVS.exe never uses more than 14 GB of RAM. In fact the whole day it is limited to 14GB. So  26 GB of RAM is still (and always) available. Whatever I try - like opening all dashboards on the same time - it never exceeds this 14 GB. How is that possible? Somebody has an idea?

Working set: Low / High = 70% / 90%

We are running version 12.40.20000.0

Regards Frank

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Have a look at the following Article and attachment to that:

QIX engine 

That should help to a degree, but what should be occurring is some other process has a lock on the additional memory, otherwise the QVS process should be able to get hold of it.  If you check the QVS Event log, you should on a QVS service restart that it lists the Low and High Working Set limits, that should be another thing to check to be sure those values returned there are what you expect to see, as the memory limits are determined when the service starts, so if there was another process running at that time that was using the other memory, that would change the limits for QVS etc.  Hopefully this may get you on the right track to getting things sorted out.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
cwolf
Creator III
Creator III

It appears that your server has 2 CPUs and NUMA is enabled.