Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tjagdev5
Contributor
Contributor

RANGEMAX issue - QlikView

Hi All,

I'm having an issue with the RANGEMAX function in my load script.

I have a table with 2 columns - project IDs and a field/column of 'milestones' per project (so multiple milestone dates).

I want to get the 'latest' (so closest to today) date per project - that is what i tried to achieve with line ****-1. However, that is not working as the Latest_Gateway_Date field output returns all the dates, not the latest date as I expect.

I then want to match that latest date back to itself to reference what value is in 'Gateway_Type' - this is line ****-2. E.g. if the date matches the date for Gateway_4 (which is a Gateway_Type value) for example, then it will return me 'Gateway_4'. I think this is falling over because of line ****-1, however.

The code is below - any help would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Taz

LOAD DISTINCT Project_ID,

RANGEMAX(Gateway_Date,Project_ID) AS Latest_Gateway_Date ****- 1

IF(Latest_Gateway_Date=Gateway_Date,Gateway_Type) AS Latest_Gateway_Type ****- 2

FROM

[$(vG.QVDPath)$(vL.GatewaysPath)] (qvd)

1 Reply
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

You cannot refer the Alias name in the same load for IF condition. May be try preceding load like:

From Reference Help:

RangeMax() returns the highest numeric value found within the expression or field.

So you are trying to pick the max date comparing with Project_ID which is not date. Is this right? May be you want to pick Max date from two dates like highlighted below:

LOAD *,

IF(Latest_Gateway_Date=Gateway_Date,Gateway_Type) AS Latest_Gateway_Type ****- 2;

RANGEMAX(Gateway_Date, AnotherDateField) AS Latest_Gateway_Date ****- 1

FROM

[$(vG.QVDPath)$(vL.GatewaysPath)] (qvd):

OR

Get the Max dates like below

LOAD *,

IF(Latest_Gateway_Date=Gateway_Date, Gateway_Type) AS [Latest_Gateway_Type];

MAX(Gateway_Date) AS [Latest_Gateway_Date]

FROM

[$(vG.QVDPath)$(vL.GatewaysPath)] (qvd)

Group By Project_ID: