cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

RE: Loading data

Hi All

I am trying to load  the data from data base  as it contains huge data the  loading time is taking 1 hour to load .  but  my requirement is that i want  it to be loaded with 15 to 20 min.  And   i don't want to use QVD. Is their any other way to reduce the Loading time

Thanks in advance !

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

vikramv
Creator III
Creator III

Try using incremental load if you have date kind of field...

http://www.analyticsvidhya.com/blog/2014/09/qlikview-incremental-load/

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

HI,

I would have to say probably not, As above QVD's and incremental loads would be the way forward. The only other thing i can suggest is you make sure you are only loading the data you required, both tables and fields i.e. no Load * from, even in the SQL statements.

Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mark

Thanks .. Is their any other way than the incremental load

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

Like i mentioned above, not really.

Other than making sure you are only load the required data and fields.

Mark

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Assuming you do not want to change the way the load is performed (incremental load, offline source etc), then the load time is a function of the size of the record set, the SQL query, your database server, your network and the QV machine performing the reload. You would need to work out what is limiting the load speed to determine where to spend time/money.

Does the SQL query have a complex set of joins, including very large tables? How long does the query take in SQL MS (SQL Server) or Toad (Oracle etc)?

Can the SQL extract be performed overnight or at a set time on a schedule? Create a QVD generator that saves this extract to a QVD; then your model reload can be from this QVD, which could be 5-10x (or more) faster than the SQL query.

The load architecture has the largest impact on load times, so if you don't want to change that, I think you are not going to have much success.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein