Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Range of years

Hi,

I want to display data from 5 years back to the current year. Therefore, I do not want the expression to be fixed in the sense that it shows 2012-2017 because next year I want it to show 2013-2018. Is there a variable I could create (I already have a variable vCurrentYear) or an expression I could use to show a range of dates?

Right now, this is the portion of the expression and it only shows the data point for 2017 because of vCurrentYear:

Sum({$<Year=($(vCurrentYear))>}[Revenue Amt]/1000))

Thank you for your help!

4 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Instead you can create a variable which stores the minimum year dynamically and then use it like below in expression.

Sum({$<Year={">=$(vMinYear)"}>}[Revenue Amt]/1000)

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
sunny_talwar

Try this

Sum({$<Year=("$(='>=' & (Year(Today()) - 4) & '<=' & Year(Today()))"}>} [Revenue Amt]/1000)

When you put this in a text box object (or KPI object in Qlik Sense), you should see this

>=2013<=2017

its_anandrjs

Another way of doing the same is this expression calculates the Revenue from current year to the last 5 years with addmonths to -60 months dynamically.

=Sum({<Year = {">=$(=vMinYear)   <=$(=Year(Addmonths(Today(),-60))) "} >} [Revenue Amt]/1000 )

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Or simply like this:

=Sum({$<Year = ('>=$(=$(vCurrentYear)-4)'}>} [Revenue Amt]/1000)

The blue equal sign in the $-sign expansion forces the content to be treated as an expression. If your variable vCurrentYear is correctly set, the calculation will result in a value indicating four years ago.