Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Range of years

Hi,

I want to display data from 5 years back to the current year. Therefore, I do not want the expression to be fixed in the sense that it shows 2012-2017 because next year I want it to show 2013-2018. Is there a variable I could create (I already have a variable vCurrentYear) or an expression I could use to show a range of dates?

Right now, this is the portion of the expression and it only shows the data point for 2017 because of vCurrentYear:

Sum({$<Year=($(vCurrentYear))>}[Revenue Amt]/1000))

Thank you for your help!

4 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Instead you can create a variable which stores the minimum year dynamically and then use it like below in expression.

Sum({$<Year={">=$(vMinYear)"}>}[Revenue Amt]/1000)

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
sunny_talwar

Try this

Sum({$<Year=("$(='>=' & (Year(Today()) - 4) & '<=' & Year(Today()))"}>} [Revenue Amt]/1000)

When you put this in a text box object (or KPI object in Qlik Sense), you should see this

>=2013<=2017

its_anandrjs

Another way of doing the same is this expression calculates the Revenue from current year to the last 5 years with addmonths to -60 months dynamically.

=Sum({<Year = {">=$(=vMinYear)   <=$(=Year(Addmonths(Today(),-60))) "} >} [Revenue Amt]/1000 )

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Or simply like this:

=Sum({$<Year = ('>=$(=$(vCurrentYear)-4)'}>} [Revenue Amt]/1000)

The blue equal sign in the $-sign expansion forces the content to be treated as an expression. If your variable vCurrentYear is correctly set, the calculation will result in a value indicating four years ago.