Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ranking Question

I am using the following expression to create a ranking of individual employee goals in the organization:

=AGGR(RANK(COUNT({1<OPENDATE={'>=$(vSelectedMinDate)<=$(vSelectedMaxDate)'}>}ACCTNBR)/(GOAL * GetSelectedCount(WEEK))),EMPLOYEE)

When I click on a department, I would expect the rankings to stay the same for all the individuals but be filtered for that department.  What is happening is that the ranking changes to ranking within the department.  Looking at other discussions on the web, I thought the "1" at the beginning of the set analysis statement would keep the rankings unchanged as you applied filters to the data.

Is there something I missed here?  Is there a different syntax that I need to use to keep the overall ranking the same when applying filters to the data?

Thanks for the help.

Ed Torasso

2 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

You can use TOTAL Qualifier... Better if you can upload some sample data or sample apps to work...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Manish,

I'm not sure what you mean by use TOTAL Qualifier. 

Attached is a file with sample data. As you can see in the application, if you select someone that is down on the ranking list, the ranking changes to show that individual as # 1 instead of their ranking in the overall organization.

I need to preserve the overall ranking when applying a filter to the data.

Thanks again for the help.

Ed