Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datagrrl
Creator III
Creator III

"No Data to Display" when published, chart is fine in Desktop Client

Hello-

I have a series of charts that work fine in the desktop client, but when I publish tthem to the server I get No Data to Display" when selecting any of my filters. The same filters produce results in the desktop client.

The data source is the same, and this is only happening to 2 of the 9 charts on the tab. All charts are using the same data source.

Can anyone suggest where I should look for the issue? I have tried comparing settings with the charts that are working as expected and I am not seeing anything.

I thought maybe if someone had  seen this before they would know off hand where to look.

7 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

It could be due to more memory required on your server to compute that chart.

A quick resolution will be forcing result to display upon some selection for that particular chart.

Or you can try by increasing ram on your server.

Regards

ASHFAQ

datagrrl
Creator III
Creator III
Author

That is a great response.

I am not sure I understand what you mean by this:

A quick resolution will be forcing result to display upon some selection for that particular chart.

Can you give me more information? I think maybe this is a feature I haven't encountered before.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi.

Have a look at the attached application.

Regards

ASHFAQ

datagrrl
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for the doc, that made it clear what you were suggesting.

I need to do more research on my data I guess.

I have two tables that are identical, but visualizing the same data across alternate states (Time based)

Both charts load with default data. The second chart won't display no matter what criteria I select. The first chart loads with any selection, including the default selections for the alternate state. I have deleted all other charts, trying to get down to brass tacks, and it still won't display.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi.

In this case can you make sure both the filters and charts are in the same state.

Regards

ASHFAQ

datagrrl
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yeah, that seems like it would be the issue, but I don't understand why the chart displays fine in the desktop client and fails to display on the server. I think your memory solution makes the most sense. But I am not sure what the issue is sincethe first chart loads fine.

The difference between the two is that there is one filter/list box at the top that applies to both charts. The value gets passed to a variable which is used to filter the second chart. This works perfectly in the desktop client, but fails on the server.

datagrrl
Creator III
Creator III
Author

So I recreated the charts that were causing the issue and they still had an issue.

I then renamed the file and published it, and now the issue is gone.

It's fixed, but I can't tell you how.

Thanks for taking the time to help me.