Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tinkerz1
Creator II
Creator II

Ranking the top Comments 3 by month

Hi,

I have written a formula that I place as an expression in a straight table, the formula shows the top 3 comments by month.

The problem is the report is still showing blank rows for all the other comments.

The results are correct but I can't remove the blank rows, in the presentation tab both suppress zero values and suppress missing are checked and in the dimension suppress when a value is null is also checked.

How do I remove the rows, and why are the empty rows showing? Have they be calculated somewhere are being held in memory?

Thanks,

Expresson formula

if(RANK(Count({1<OverallOutcome={'Upheld','Partially Upheld'}>}[PrimaryComplaintType]))<4,Count({1<OverallOutcome={'Upheld','Partially Upheld'}>}[PrimaryComplaintType]))

12 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You may check dimension level.

Select OverallOutcome -- Use Supress from Dimension

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
tinkerz1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I added OverallOutcome and suppressed the values but still blank rows

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you share the screen shot?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
sunny_talwar

Do you have more then 1 expression in your table? Have you made sure that all other expressions also have the same if statement so that they are also null?

tinkerz1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Just a single expression, the 2 dimension are not calculations.

Resolved_Month and PrimaryComplaintType

sunny_talwar

Do you have a background color expression which might be using RowNo() function by any chance?

tinkerz1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I don't have any color expression selected

sunny_talwar

Would it be possible for you to share a sample?

tinkerz1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

Here is an example of rows not being reduced. Dimension and Expression are both suppressed.

Thanks,

Neil.