Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Rather complicated data problem

Hi,

we have a data_problem on the top_layer of our multi-layered architecture.

Unfortunately, this must remain rather theoretic, the context is too big to post it all here.

I will try to formulate our current point_of_attack as clearly as possible and, if needed, I will post additional information.

- We have a big "DataModel" which is loaded BINARY into the app in question.

- We have a nr. of items, each of which is uniquely identified by a number - which is now enhanced with the plant_key,

as we have several plants => looks like this: >>  74|123456  << - that would be item # 123456 in plant 74

- A varying number of these items are stored in packages, each of which has a unique package_ID.

- The packages have a certain status - "started" and "closed", to name only two. "Closed" is the last, logically.

- Each item_nr. has certain time_measures associated, the time it takes to pack (in a box) and to process it.

=> So far for the most fundamental background.

- The problem, as it is visible on the top_layer, is that the times are linked and visible for the packages only for the first

few values of "status"

<=> For status "closed" (the final one), the times are logically still there, but they are no longer displayed.

=> My current suspicion is a part in the script where those times are joined to another table from a "historization_table"

that we make beforehand in another app because the database_table itself is not historized.
    => I fixed something in that historization_app a while ago (because from one of several sources, data was not
       in the same quality as that from the other sources) and I'm afraid that that change caused the error.

- The join is an IntervalMatch and my suspicion is that there is an error here. I will attach it here, I hope this is sufficient.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Are you using that time as an expression? I mean just the field name without specifying an aggregation function. If so then the aggregation function only() is used implicitly. And that function can only return a result if there's only one possible value. So if you have two status times, for example because of an unintended result of a join, then no value would be shown. You can test this by replacing the implicit only() with an explicit max() or min().

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Gysbert,

thanks for helping! The issue just started getting a bit more confused, though - I don't think there's much of a point in asking for help from the Community just now, before we know exactly whether the problem lies with QlikView or with the underlying data.

I think that there is a bit of confusion around here just now. Once we have got rid of that,

we might be able to figure out a solution ourselves - provided there really is a problem 😉 Right now, not even that is quite clear.

I just tried, for that reason, to delete this thread altogether, but it seems you were too fast and I couldn't do it anymore.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

ok, now I think it is clear where our issue actually lies. However, I think it will be better to open a new thread and close this one so as not to overly confuse anyone looking in here with the intention of helping.

Best regards,

DataNibbler