we have a data_problem on the top_layer of our multi-layered architecture.
Unfortunately, this must remain rather theoretic, the context is too big to post it all here.
I will try to formulate our current point_of_attack as clearly as possible and, if needed, I will post additional information.
- We have a big "DataModel" which is loaded BINARY into the app in question.
- We have a nr. of items, each of which is uniquely identified by a number - which is now enhanced with the plant_key,
as we have several plants => looks like this: >> 74|123456 << - that would be item # 123456 in plant 74
- A varying number of these items are stored in packages, each of which has a unique package_ID.
- The packages have a certain status - "started" and "closed", to name only two. "Closed" is the last, logically.
- Each item_nr. has certain time_measures associated, the time it takes to pack (in a box) and to process it.
=> So far for the most fundamental background.
- The problem, as it is visible on the top_layer, is that the times are linked and visible for the packages only for the first
few values of "status"
<=> For status "closed" (the final one), the times are logically still there, but they are no longer displayed.
=> My current suspicion is a part in the script where those times are joined to another table from a "historization_table"
that we make beforehand in another app because the database_table itself is not historized.
=> I fixed something in that historization_app a while ago (because from one of several sources, data was not
in the same quality as that from the other sources) and I'm afraid that that change caused the error.
- The join is an IntervalMatch and my suspicion is that there is an error here. I will attach it here, I hope this is sufficient.
Thanks a lot!
Are you using that time as an expression? I mean just the field name without specifying an aggregation function. If so then the aggregation function only() is used implicitly. And that function can only return a result if there's only one possible value. So if you have two status times, for example because of an unintended result of a join, then no value would be shown. You can test this by replacing the implicit only() with an explicit max() or min().
thanks for helping! The issue just started getting a bit more confused, though - I don't think there's much of a point in asking for help from the Community just now, before we know exactly whether the problem lies with QlikView or with the underlying data.
I think that there is a bit of confusion around here just now. Once we have got rid of that,
we might be able to figure out a solution ourselves - provided there really is a problem 😉 Right now, not even that is quite clear.
I just tried, for that reason, to delete this thread altogether, but it seems you were too fast and I couldn't do it anymore.
ok, now I think it is clear where our issue actually lies. However, I think it will be better to open a new thread and close this one so as not to overly confuse anyone looking in here with the intention of helping.