Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Re-ordering dimensions and expressions in a straight table

I can't find a way to re-order dimensins and expressions in a straight table. They appear in seperate tabs in properties, and unlike a tablebox, I cant seem to position them together rather than seperately. This means all my dimensions appear to the left and every expression to the right, which I dont want. Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tobias_klett
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,

go to presentation tab and  sort them there. If you check "allow drag and drop" on this tab (left bottom) you will be able to just move them around.

Hope this helps

Tobias

View solution in original post

4 Replies
tobias_klett
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,

go to presentation tab and  sort them there. If you check "allow drag and drop" on this tab (left bottom) you will be able to just move them around.

Hope this helps

Tobias

Not applicable
Author

That just sorts the values in the column... I want to sort the actual columns from left to right so they appear in a logical order when qlikview loads, and really dont want to have to rely on drag and drop each time.

Not applicable
Author

Once you drag and drop the first time(in whichever order you like) and save it, then it will remain that way. Its not gonna change after a reload. Not sure where you are facing a problem. Maybe you can attach your sample app or some screenshots.

Not applicable
Author

Ahhhhh ok awesome. Sorry, I thought that was for enabling at runtime, not design time. Sweet thanks.