Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Re-use of complex labels in expressions

Hi all,

I have a question concerning the re-use of labels in an expression.

In the beginning my expression1 was just called "1-10" (1st till 10th day of the month).

In my expression2 I used this expression as:

=[1-10] + sum(Sales)

The label of expression1 got a lot more complicated and now also shows the number of work days in the period 1-10. My label now contains symbols as '&' and 'chr(10)' and such.

I can no longer use [1-10] but I have to refer to ['1-10' & chr10 & NetWorkDays(MakeDate)... & 'of ' & chr(10), ........] which does not work unfortunately.

Is there any way I can refer to this expression1, without having to use the complete and complex label? Can I write something in the label of expression1 like "[1-10 & chr(10) very complex label] as [1-10]" (the same way you do when you write your script). So I could still refer to it in expression2 as '[1-10] + sum(Sales)', but the result of the label of expression1 would still be shown as the long and complex label?

I hope my question is more or less understandable...

Thanks in advance anyway!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Good question.

As a workaround, you can use the Column() function to refer to a particular table column by index.(see Chart Inter Record functions in QV Desktop Help)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Good question.

As a workaround, you can use the Column() function to refer to a particular table column by index.(see Chart Inter Record functions in QV Desktop Help)

avinashelite

could please share the sample app

raman_rastogi
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Use can use Column() function  .

Ex-

= Count( Emp_NO ) - Column(2)

marcus_sommer

If there is no need respectively likeliness in changing the column-order the suggestion from Peter is very easy. But could they be changed you need to refer by label and by them you need to use $-sign expansion. The following worked fine for me:

[$(='1 - 10' & ' / ' & today() & chr(10) & 'a')]

- Marcus

Kushal_Chawda

As Peter suggested, use Column() function  like column(3)  where 3 is your third expression in chart.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a bunch guys! The Column() solution totally works!

The order of columns should stay the same, so guess I've got my answer thanks to this easy solution!