Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Read Current License Count

Does anyone have an accurate way to view the current license count and who it is assigned to?

I am creating an Administrative QVW that will alert us when we are nearing our max licenses, before slipping into Session CALs.  So what I am trying to do is get an accurate count of what I would see that currently resides in the QEMC. 

Currently I am using the Session Log File to read it in, but we have since had 10 people leave the groups so we unassigned those CALs, but it still shows in my document as being assigned.

Thanks for any information that will help me resolve this.

-Scott

2 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Accurate way to read that should be through QlikView Management Server API (QMS), I haven't been able to find a proper documentation about it though.

Not applicable
Author

I was browsing the API documentation and obtained some C# beta programs from QlikTech.  Where the documentation didnt help, the programs they sent did.  It actually connects to the QVP services and reads in the current users that way, however this doesnt help me in the making QVW.

Oh well, maybe in the future they will allow us to read into the QV Services through QVWs.