Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QlikMo
Contributor III
Contributor III

Reading excel sheet with external references

Hello,

I have an excel sheet with a single row and 5 columns. Each cell references a value in another spreadsheet. These values can change daily.

When I do the first reload - Qlikview gets the data from the spreadsheet. Now if the data changes in the referenced spreadsheets and I do another reload (next day) - Qlikview does not load the latest data. I have a feeling it checks the timestamps of the excel file and sees that no change have been made, therefore it doesn't reload the latest data.

I have to go into the spreadsheet, click a cell and then save. Only then when I reload the latest values are available.

Does anyone have any advice regarding this?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Excel may - depending from the user- and document-settings - update external references and calculating the application. But if another tool like Qlik access the Excel nothing of the above will happens else the stored data will be read. I doubt that you could change anything on this behaviour. Thinkable are any kinds of macros and batches which update all related Excel files but maybe a change within your process-logic might be easier, for example loading the data from all relevant Excel and doing the calculations within Qlik.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

Excel may - depending from the user- and document-settings - update external references and calculating the application. But if another tool like Qlik access the Excel nothing of the above will happens else the stored data will be read. I doubt that you could change anything on this behaviour. Thinkable are any kinds of macros and batches which update all related Excel files but maybe a change within your process-logic might be easier, for example loading the data from all relevant Excel and doing the calculations within Qlik.

- Marcus