Skip to main content
Announcements
NEW: Seamless Public Data Sharing with Qlik's New Anonymous Access Capability: TELL ME MORE!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Recovered a personal edition file on a new computer, all my data is gone?

Recovered a personal edition file on a new computer, all my data is gone?  The data was on the old computer and visible after opening the qvw file.

However, on this new computer, I could not open the file any longer.  I used a recovery attempt and now can see my objects and scripts. 

However, all my data is missing from the report objects but the size of the qvd implies the data is still there.  Any ideas????

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

The Qlikview reference manual indicates that the data is not available after a recovery for security reasons.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

After a recovery all the data ( in tables and variables) is erased.

Is it a large file even after you saved it? It would be strange...

If you have the sources, you can just perform a reload ( if a reload doesn't write the variables, then they are gone)

Regards,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

Erich,

Thanks..  

Yes, the file is the same size as the unrecovered file and definately significantly larger than a beginning file.  Appears the data is in there, just Qlikview is not letting me see this.  The file went back and forth between machines at work but I had access until the other machine kicked the bucket.  I thought I was safe for I have the files, but I can't see the data anymore and don't have access to the data or the license anymore, so can not recreate. ugh.....

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

D

Not applicable
Author

The Qlikview reference manual indicates that the data is not available after a recovery for security reasons.